Another pleasant weekend ahead weather wise makes for a call to the great outdoors!
Here is where the Lite Community Cruiser is heading this weekend:
Crystal Kids Street Dance Show & Shine
- Sherbrooke Community League (13008 122 B Ave)
- Saturday, June 2nd
- Noon – 11pm
- Car show and shine starts at 10am
- Admission is a voluntary donation
- Fun for the whole family with a lot of kid activities
- Live entertainment all day
- BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers
- 50/50 and huge silent auction
- Astro balloon jump and face painting
Oliver Community Festival
- Saturday, June 2nd
- 102nd ave between 121 and 123 st & Paul Kane Park
- Festivities include: free community breakfast from 10am – 11am, opening ceremonies with local dignitaries and the Edmonton Pipe and Drum Band, historical city tours, circus performers, rummage & bake sales, horse-drawn wagon rides and bouncy castles
- Marriott at River Cree Resort
- Sunday, June 3rd
- 10am – 4pm
- Fun filled day for the whole family
- A trade show featuring over 60 local vendors offering products and services geared towards families with amazing products for every budget
- Activities for the entire family include free bouncy house, glitter tattoos, private mother’s nursing area, raffle, door prizes and more
- Event is free to attend
It’s the final couple of days to enjoy the International Childrens Festival at various locations around St. Albert. http://www.childfest.com/
Every Monday and Friday the city of Edmonton invites you to EDMONTON’S ZUMBA PARTY, Noon to 1pm, CHURCHILL SQUARE. As well there’s GAMES ROOM ON THE SQUARE, 11am – 8pm, Monday to Friday. Drop-in and play table tennis and giant chess on Churchill Square!
GAME ON! Free Drop-In Street Hockey, 12pm – 1pm, Monday to Friday on Centennial Plaza (south of the Stanley Milner Library). Bring your friends/co-workers for a great mid-day ‘breakaway’. Three-on-three, one-on-one–we have the sticks, come have some fun!
JUSTIN BEIBER tickets went on sale today at 10am. Jamie & Dan and myself have all been online and our Iphone Ticketmaster apps simultaneously trying to snare some. Shot down in flames, time of death: 10:21am. We gave up. BUT NOT ON YOU! LITE 95.7 HAS JUSTIN BEIBER TICKETS TO GIVE AWAY! Stay tuned to find out how and when.
Ditto for tickets for FOLKFEST!! They SOLD OUT in 90 minutes.
EDMONTON FOLK MUSIC FESTIVAL: Gallagher Park, August 9-12th featuring BONNIE RAITT, MAVIS STAPLES, EMMYLOU HARRIS, RODNEY CROWELL, ARLO FAMILY REUNION!, CORB LUND & AMANY MORE.
You may have success with these other shows, www.ticketmaster.ca ALSO ON SALE TODAY:
TOOPY & BINOO and THE MARSHMALLOW MOON: September 23rd, Jubilee Auditorium
Sports bars and pubs will be crammed Saturday night for Game 2 of THE STANLEY CUP FINAL. The LOS ANGELES KINGS vs. the NEW JERSEY DEVILS in Jersey, 6pm start. Watch it on CBC or NBC. L.A. leads the series 1 – 0.
Movies of note opening:
HYSTERIA (Tanya Wexler) about the invention of the vibrator in Victorian England – a great romantic comedy starring Maggie Gyllenhaal, Hugh Dancy & Rupert Everett.
SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN (Rupert Sanders) is getting great reviews, most notably for Chris Hemsworth and Kristen Stewart’s performances: http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/snow-white-and-the-huntsman/
MOONRISE KINGDOM (Wes Anderson) starring Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Bruce Willis & Ed Norton is being called exceptional from start to finish: http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/moonrise-kingdom/