One of the huge draws of ANY carnival is the midway right? Don’t tell me that you don’t see someone walking with a HUGE stuffed animal in their arms and a small part of you doesn’t say “How do they do it?”. I’ve realized I can’t rely on my husband to win them for me (any time he’s tried I always end up with those small consolation prizes – I have so many “cat toys” its crazy). So I looked online and just like there’s an app for that – there’s a trick to winning midway games. I’ll share some of them with you and when you win – you owe me a bucket of mini donuts!
The balloon dart game
- Usually the darts are dull and the balloons aren’t fully inflated, so when you throw them you wanna go for the middle of the board and throw the dart in an arc so that way if it misses the balloon you’re aiming at it may hit the one below it
- The rope is usually held by pullies so that it’s very unstable. Try keeping your hands and feet to the the outside of the rungs rather than the middle and use opposite hands and feet at the same time as you climb
Shoot out the star
- The guns they use don’t always have the best aim and the targets are usually moving in the wind and what have you. The best way to master this game is to take some practice shots to get a feel for the accuracy and then start shooting in the middle outwards. But don’t go too fast or you’ll waste pellets.
- The easiest games to play are the ones where you play against other people because those are usually winner take all
- And the games that have the biggest prizes are usually the hardest. You wanna go for the games that let you trade up because those have the best chances of you winning.
Have fun and send my bucket of donuts to the station!