Here is an unusal combination that you can enjoy with your Thanksgiving dinner!!
Pineapple Turkey Recipe Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups turkey, torn in pieces
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 ½ cup hot chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 and 1/3 cup drained pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup pineapple syrup, from above
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
Pre-heat oil in pan. Saute turkey, green pepper, mushrooms, and celery over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and quickly bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer covered for 5 minutes. Sauce will need to be thickened. To thicken sauce mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Pour into pan and stir briskly. Serve immediately with rolls, biscuits, or over rice.